Here are the latest facts that have been found from about top social media website that need to be known and considered by entrepreneurs, business owners and marketers.
Twitter is struggling but with over 300 million users it is still a viable social network to be taken seriously.
This platform is often used as a metric to measure its effect online.
- Twitter currently has 310 million monthly users
- By 2015, its revenues reach $ 2.2 billion
- Katy Perry has over 85 million followers on Twitter
- The most retweeted tweet is Oscar selfie by Ellen DeGeneres 3.4 million times
- 500 million people view Twitter without login
- 1 billion people every month see sites with embedded tweets
- 200 billion tweets are sent each year
- 500 million tweets sent every day
- Donald Trump has 7 million followers on Twitter
YouTube is almost seen as a dinosaur on the modern social web (starting on February 14, 2005) but there are numbers that show that YouTube is getting bigger and still growing from source Social Media Guide.
- Google acquired YouTube in 2006 for $ 1.65 billion, which seems now being valued at about $ 80 billion.
- YouTube has 1.3 billion users
- One third of the world’s internet population uses YouTube
- Adele song “Hello” only takes 5 days to reach 100 million views
- In the United States YouTube reaches users ages 18-49 from cable networks
- The average time people spend watching YouTube on mobile is 40 minutes
- More than 50% of YouTube users watch from mobile
- You can use 76 different languages on YouTube
- Watch time growth rose more than 50% year over year for the last 3 years
- 5 million videos watched daily
- YouTube spends $ 6.3 billion annually in order to keep it running and includes maintenance fees.
- PewDiePie is YouTube’s most highly paid partner, about $ 12.5 billion
Periscope is now a Twitter company and is probably the best acquisition form to date. But Facebook Live is now a potential big threat. Keep the following in:
- Periscope gave birth to rely more than 200 million live broadcast
- users has reached 10 million people in the mid 2015
- Twitter pay $ 87 million for Periscope in 2015
- 10 million accounts on the mobile app Periscope
- 75% of users Periscope aged between 16-34 year